Winning badges will be featured across the TypePad network and link to One Million Acts of Green, brought to you by Cisco. One Million Acts of Green is a collaborative environmental campaign encouraging everyone to go green, one act at a time. The goal? One million acts of green because, when it comes to protecting our environment, big changes are made up of a lot of little steps.
If your badge is chosen as a winner, you'll also receive a one-year subscription to MailStopper, a junk mail–stopper service provided by Tonic. Plus, Six Apart will donate $150 to a charity in the winner’s name. (For a list of charitable organizations the winner can choose to donate to, please see the contest rules.)
Two runner-ups will also receive honorable mention, as well as one-year subscriptions to MailStopper.
Plus, when the badges receive a million impressions (and we know they will!), Six Apart will donate $1000 to The Climate Project.
Here’s what you need to know in order to submit your design:
- The submission must include a positive environmental message.
- The submission must be in JPEG file format.
- The submission must be 160 x 90 pixels in size at a resolution of 72 dpi.
- The maximum file size of the Submission is 500 kilobytes.
- The submission must be accompanied by an email address.
- The submission and each element thereof must be the original work of Participant.
Please email your entry to email@example.com and don't forget to include your LJ user name and your email address.
The deadline for submissions is this Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT. Winners will be announced on Everything TypePad; however, if an LJer wins, we'll also announce it here, of course.