LJ Remixed Design Contest
Official Contest Rules: Orbit Virtual Gift User Remix
The LJ Remixed Design Contest (the "Contest") rewards the most compelling use of graphics and design in the original creation of a branded virtual gift, based on the participating sponsor's branding and messaging, as outlined below.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES THE PARTICIPANT'S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO, AND ACCEPTANCE OF, THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“Rules”). IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND/OR YOU DO NOT MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA SET FORTH IN THESE RULES, ANY ENTIRES YOU SUBMIT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is sponsored by LiveJournal.com ("LiveJournal"). The Contest is offered to LiveJournal users at least 18 years old, registered with LiveJournal at the time of Contest participation. Employees and directors of LiveJournal, its parents, affiliates, assigns, and subsidiary companies, their advertising and promotional agencies and each of their immediate family members and/or members of the same households are not eligible to participate in this Contest. LiveJournal may disqualify or exclude any Contest participant at any time for any action taken in violation of these Rules or any behavior deemed inappropriate or injurious to others. Disqualification may result, and an alternative Winner may be named, if a Winner is found to be ineligible to receive a prize.
2. TO ENTER: Eligible participants need to comply with the following Submission Format and Content Requirements:
(a) Create a 212x212 pixel virtual gift that incorporates Orbit design assets (provided here and here). (b) Post your entry in the Orbit Contest post here beginning Monday, July 26, 2010, up through and including Friday, August 13 at 6PM, PDT.
(c) LiveJournal, shall select up to ten (10) finalist submissions, based on comments and staff input. Finalist submissions will be posted in a poll on LiveJournal. The submission that gets the greatest number of votes will win the grand prize, a $500 Amazon.com Gift Card, plus 2,500 LJ Tokens (see Prizes). Finalists will receive 2,000 LJ Tokens.
(d) Judging Criteria: The criteria used by LiveJournal to select finalists are as follows:
• Consistency with Orbit’s brand and messaging, as illustrated here.
• Inclusion of the Orbit logo AND/OR one of Orbit’s design assets, which are posted in the Orbit contest post in the Remixed community
• Originality and creativity, which shall include design concept and execution.
• Overall appeal • User input, plus one ratings
• Staff input
(e) Registered LiveJournal users must join the Remixed community to participate. Participants should then visit the Orbit sponsored landing page for information on Orbit branding and messaging and for general design direction. Submissions must be posted to the LJ Remixed community in png, jpeg, or gif format, specifically in the Orbit contest post. Please post images rather than links. The winner will be asked to provide .psd files of their original design, which shall become the exclusive property of LiveJournal. The winner's virtual gift will appear for at least a week on LiveJournal’s homepage, where it will be made available for distribution by all LiveJournal members for free (in a quantity to be determined).
(f) Technical Requirements: Submissions must be 212 X 212 pixels and should include themes from the Orbit sponsored landing page, including (but not limited or restricted to) the Orbit logo and/or at least one variation of the new Orbit package design assets. These assets have been posted to LJ Remixed for your convenience.
(g) Participants are permitted to enter up to three submissions, but each submission must comply with these Rules and must be posted in separate comments in the Orbit contest post in the LJ Remixed community.
(h) Submissions must be original and may NOT violate copyright protections and should only include the participant’s original designs (which must be the exclusive property of the participant and/or assets owned by Orbit). Submissions may not contain or refer to any company/brand or third party names, logos, or trademarks other than those held by Orbit.
(i) LiveJournal reserves the right to modify the winning submission in order to enhance the resolution, quality, or better promote the Orbit brand.
While all submissions will be reviewed for content before being selected, awarded, and/or posted, this does NOT relieve participants from the duty to comply with these Rules. Any ad containing prohibited or inappropriate content, as determined by LiveJournal and/or Orbit, will be disqualified and/or removed at any time before or after the contest ends, without notice and will not be eligible to win prizes.
3. PARTICIPATION PERIOD/ TERM: Participants may begin posting submissions on Monday, July 26th, at 9AM, PDT, on LJ Remixed http://community.livejournal.com/remixed/77855.html, which shall remain open until Friday, August 13th, 2010 at 6PM, PDT.
4. JUDGING: Based on the criteria outlined above, LiveJournal shall choose up to ten (10) finalists. These ten submissions shall be entered into a poll that will be posted to the LJ Remixed community and promoted in the LiveJournal news. The poll shall remain open for one to two weeks. The submission that receives the most votes will be deemed the winner. Only registered LiveJournal users will be permitted to vote in this poll.
5. WINNERS: The winner and finalists shall win the prizes specified herein. Only eligible participants may win prizes. The winner agrees to provide .psd files to LiveJournal and understands that LiveJournal reserves the right to modify the winning submission without consent. The winner understands and agrees that the winning submission will be used as a virtual gift and will appear on LiveJournal at LiveJournal’s sole discretion.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER & FINALISTS: The Contest winner and finalists will be notified by email at the address associated with their LiveJournal account. In addition, Contest results will be published in the LiveJournal newsletter and posted to the LiveJournal Remixed community. LiveJournal is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners or award prizes.
7. PRIZES: The winner shall receive a $500 Amazon Gift Card and 2,500 LJ Tokens. Finalists will receive 2,000 LJ Tokens, and participants not becoming finalists or winners will receive 500 LJ Tokens. Winners will receive prizes approximately 30 days after completion of contest (net 30).
8. PUBLICATION, OWNERSHIP OF SUBMISSION AND PUBLICITY: All participants agree to allow their designs to be posted by LiveJournal, in any medium, and at any time in perpetuity. Participants agree to grant LiveJournal all intellectual property rights to the winning submission. By accepting any prize, the winner authorizes LiveJournal, its parents, subsidiaries and related companies, the right, but not the obligation, to print, publish, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winner's submission as well as the winner's username for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without additional consideration/compensation, and without notice, approval, or review.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ALL PARTICIPANTS SHALL HOLD LIVEJOURNAL, ORBIT, AND WAL-MART [HEREBY KNOWN AS “LIVE JOURNAL AND PARTNERS”] (WHICH SHALL INCLUDE THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION AND FULFILLMENT AGENCIES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS) ENTIRELY AND FOREVER HARMLESS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY LIVEJOURNAL AND PARTNERS FROM ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND/OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPANT'S SUBMISSION. LIVEJOURNAL AND PARTNERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANT'S OR 3RD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGMENT RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST. LIVEJOURNAL AND PARTNERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR OTHERWISE SUSPEND OR DISCONTINUE THIS CONTEST (I.E. THE CONTEST IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR FOR ANY OTHER CAUSES WHICH LIVEJOURNAL AND PARTNERS DEEMS COULD CORRUPT OR AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS CONTEST). IN THAT EVENT, LIVEJOURNAL WILL SELECT THE WINNERS IN SUCH A MANNER AS THEY MAY DEEM FAIR AND APPROPRIATE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Contest, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and any and all causes of action arising out of, or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the City of San Francisco, having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of California without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to pursue claims for punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest). Participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. This promotion is solely sponsored by LiveJournal and has not been endorsed or approved by Orbit or its subsidiaries or affiliates. By entering, you agree to look solely to LiveJournal for any claims in connections therewith, and not to Orbit or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
These rules can be changed at any time by LIVEJOURNAL for clarification purposes during the term of the Contest without prior notice. Participants agree to be bound by the Rules, as they currently appear at this URL.