LJ Remixed Design Contest
Official Contest Rules
The LJ Remixed Design Contest (the "Contest") rewards the most compelling use of original graphics, design, and copy in the creation of a branded online advertisement, based on the participating sponsor's branding and messaging as outlined below.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES CONTESTANT'S FULL & UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO & ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS OR YOU DO NOT MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA SET FORTH IN THESE RULES, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is sponsored by Rickshaw Bagworks, Inc. ("Rickshaw") and hosted on LiveJournal.com ("LiveJournal"). The Contest is offered to users who are at least 13 years old and registered LiveJournal users at the time of Contest participation. Employees and directors of Rickshaw and LiveJournal, and each of their parents, affiliates and subsidiary companies, their advertising and promotional agencies and each of their immediate family members or members of the same households are not eligible to participate in this Contest. LiveJournal and Rickshaw may disqualify or exclude any Contest participant at any time for any action taken in violation of these Official Contest Rules or any behavior deemed inappropriate or injurious to others. Disqualification may also result and an alternative Winner may be named if Winner is found to be ineligible to receive a prize.
2. TO ENTER: Eligible participants need to comply with the following Submission Format and Content Requirements:
(a) Create a 300x250-pixel and a 728x90-pixel display advertisement that incorporates the Rickshaw logo (provided at http://community.livejournal.com/lj_remixed/). Contestants are asked to create an original online advertisement for Rickshaw using original and non-copyright-protected graphics. Contestants may optionally include an original slogan or tag line in their display ads. Additional product shots are provided at http://www.rickshawbags.com/ and in a zip file located in the Rickshaw contest post at http://community.livejournal.com/remixed.
(b) Post your entry to the LJ_Remixed community (http://community.livejournal.com/remixed/) on LiveJournal on or before Wednesday, July 23, 2010, at 6PM, PDT, for a chance to win a $500 Amazon gift certificate and other valuable prizes from Rickshaw Bagworks, including, but not limited to, a zero-waste messenger bag (medium), a moleskin journal folio, an iPad sleeve, and a Molskine journal. The winner is able to choose the flap color of the messenger bag, and their art will be printed on the bag’s inside material if desired.
(c) Rickshaw shall select up to five (5) finalists, whose submissions will then be posted in a poll on LiveJournal. The submission that gets the greatest number of votes will win the grand prize, a $500 Amazon Gift Certificate, plus a custom Rickshaw Bike Bag that displays the winning design. All other finalists will receive products selected by Rickshaw.
(d) Judging Criteria: The criteria used to evaluate submissions is as follows:
• Originality and Creativity (all creations must be based on original design, graphics, and slogans)
• Overall Appeal
• Likelihood to motivate public to purchase from Rickshaw
• Popularity / Public Vote
(e) Registered LiveJournal users must join the LJ_Remixed community (http://community.livejournal.com/remixed/) and post their winning design to the LJ Remixed community. The winner will be asked to provide psd files for the original design, which shall become the exclusive property of LiveJournal. The winner's LiveJournal username shall appear in the winning ad (as an artist's signature), which will display as an ad on LiveJournal and/or Rickshaw’s Web sites.
(f) Technical Requirements: Ad sizes should be 300x250 and 728x90 pixels and should include the Rickshaw logo. Contestants are encouraged to visit the Rickshaw Web site (www.rickshawbagworks.com) in order to understand the product line and brand messaging. Expandable and/or ads containing audio are not allowed. Each final ad unit may be either JPEG (40k weight limit), GIF (40K weight limit) or Flash (40k limit on all loads). If Flash, the ad is restricted to 3 loops and must have no sound at any time, and the version number of Flash should be Flash 7 or lower. For each Flash unit submitted, contestant must provide a default image (40k max JPEG or GIF) to load in cases where Flash is disabled.
(g) Contestants are permitted to enter up to three submissions, but each submission must individually comply with these Rules and must be posted separately to the LJ Remixed community.
(h) Submission must NOT contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the contestant). Submission may not contain or refer to any company/brand other use third party names, logos, or trademarks other than Rickshaw or Rickshaw Bagworks.
(i) Rickshaw and LiveJournal reserve the right to modify the winning submission in order to enhance the resolution, quality, or better promote the Rickshaw brand. The winning submission will appear as an ad on LiveJournal and/or Rickshaw’s Web site and will include the LiveJournal username of the designer/writer.
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being selected, awarded, and/or posted, but this does not relieve contestants from the duty to comply with these Rules. Any ad containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Rickshaw or LiveJournal will be disqualified and/or removed at any time without notice and will not be eligible for prizes.
3. PARTICIPATION PERIOD/ TERM: Contestants may begin posting submissions on Tuesday, June 29th, at 12PM, PDT to http://community.livejournal.com/remixed/, which shall remain open until Friday, July 23rd, 2010 at 6pm, PDT.
4. JUDGING: Based on the criteria outlined above, Rickshaw shall choose five (5) finalists. These five submissions shall be entered into a poll that will be posted to the LJ Remixed community and promoted in the LiveJournal news. The poll shall remain open for one to two weeks. The submission that receives the most votes will be deemed the winner. Only registered LiveJournal users will be permitted to vote in this poll.
5. WINNERS: The Winner and finalists shall win the prizes specified herein. Only eligible participants may win prizes. The Winner agrees to provide psd files to LiveJournal and understands that LiveJournal and Rickshaw reserve the right to modify the winning submission without consent. The Winner agrees to have their LiveJournal username appear in the ad as an artist’s signature. The Winner understands and consents that the winning submission will be used as an advertisement and will appear on LiveJournal and/or the Rickshaw Web site based on LiveJournal’s sole discretion.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER & FINALISTS: The Contest Winner and Finalists will be notified by email at the address associated with their LiveJournal account. In addition, the Contest results will be published in the LiveJournal newsletter and in the LJ Remixed community. Rickshaw and LiveJournal are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify Winners or award prizes.
7. PRIZES: The Winner shall receive a $500 Amazon Gift Certificate and other valuable prizes to be chosen by Rickshaw, including, but not limited to, a zero-waste messenger bag (medium), a moleskin journal folio, an iPad sleeve, and a Molskine journal. The winner is able to choose the flap color of the messenger bag, and their art will be printed on the bag’s inside material if desired. Winner will also receive 2,500 LJ Tokens. The winner will receive prizes approximately 30 days after completion of contest (net 30). Finalists chosen by Rickshaw will receive 1,000 LJ Tokens, and submitting participants will receive 500 LJ Tokens (limit one prize per user).
8. PUBLICATION, OWNERSHIP OF SUBMISSION AND PUBLICITY: All contestants agree to allow their designs to be posted by LiveJournal, in any medium, and at any time in perpetuity. Contestants agree to grant to LiveJournal all intellectual property rights to the winning submission. By accepting any prize, Winners grant to LiveJournal and Rickshaw, its parents, subsidiaries and related companies, the right, but not the obligation, to print, publish, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner's submission as well as Winner's username for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without additional consideration/compensation, and without notice, approval, or review.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ALL PARTICIPANTS SHALL HOLD LIVEJOURNAL AND RICKSHAW (WHICH SHALL INCLUDE THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION AND FULFILLMENT AGENCIES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS) ENTIRELY AND FOREVER HARMLESS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY LIVEJOURNAL FROM ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND/OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPANT'S SUBMISSION. LIVEJOURNAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANT'S OR 3RD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGMENT RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST. LIVEJOURNAL RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR OTHERWISE SUSPEND OR DISCONTINUE THIS CONTEST (I.E. THE CONTEST IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR FOR ANY OTHER CAUSES WHICH LIVEJOURNAL IN ITS SOLE OPINION, DEEMS COULD CORRUPT OR AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS CONTEST). IN THAT EVENT, RICKSHAW AND LIVEJOURNAL WILL SELECT THE WINNERS IN SUCH A MANNER AS THEY MAY DEEM FAIR AND APPROPRIATE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the City of San Francisco, having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of California without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
These rules can be changed at any time by LIVEJOURNAL for clarification purposes during the term of the Contest without prior notice. Contestants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules, as they currently appear at this URL.